This is my easy go-to recipe when the weather gets cold. It also freezes well, so I will freeze in small batches and defrost if someone in my house gets sick.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 stalks of celery, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups wide egg noodles, uncooked
1. Combine broth, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, and salt & pepper.
2. Set the chicken on the vegetables in the crock pot.
3. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
4. Remove chicken and shred (use two forks for easy shredding)
5. Remove bay leaves and throw away.
6. Add noodles to the crock pot and cook for 20 minutes.
7. Return shredded chicken to the soup and combine well.
8. Serve in bowls with saltine crackers.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Ellen Si
Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup