This is just a bare outline of a really quick and easy soup that cries out for personalization: Add any of the ingredients from the options list as you see fit (if you're using raw veggies, saute them briefly in the pot before adding all the other ingredients). Use pinto beans or kidney beans instead of black beans. Omit the rice. You get the idea. And the proportions are just an outline too--if you use less stock, for instance, this "soup" will be very thick and can be used as a dip for tortilla chips or as a filling for burritos, etc.
- 1 can (15 oz/425 g) black beans
- 1 can (15 oz/425 g) corn or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 4 - 6 cups veggie stock
- additional optional ingredients: grated soy cheddar, zucchini, mushrooms, onion, cumin, garlic, hot sauce, tomatoes, etc.
1. Rinse and drain beans. Dont drain the corn.
2. Put with remaining ingredients in a large soup pot. Simmer until heated through.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Karen
Incredibly Easy Black Bean and Corn Soup