There is another simpler recipe at http://www.cheshcat.com
- 2 cups cauliflower flowerettes
- 2 small onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup ripe olives, pitted and coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup broken or cut green pimiento stuffed olives
- 1 zucchini, chopped up
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can jalepeno peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 small tomato juice (5 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water (start with a cup, then add more if needed, do not add too much or it will make it liquidy)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons mixed pickling spice, tied in a double layer of cheesecloth
- 5 1/2 ounces canned tomato paste
- 10 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup canned cut green beans, or fresh cooked
- You can add tuna (drained) if you wish
Place all ingredients in a large pot.
Heat on medium, stirring often, until it comes to a boil. Boil gently for 45 minutes, stirring frequently to keep from scorching. Add a bit more water if needed to keep from burning.
Discard spice bag. Put into freezer containers, leaving 1 inch (2.5 cm) head space. Seal tightly and freeze. Makes about 4 to 8 half pints.
I sterilize bottles for about 20 minutes. The lids I put in boiling water for about 3 minutes. I then bottle it and put it in a water bath for about 20 minutes. After it has cooled and the tops have popped, I put it in the freezer.
Print this recipe
Source: The Galley
Submitted By: Joy Bowers