You can change the vegetables as you wish, using about 5 or 6 cups total.
- 3 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups milk
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- About 1 cup cauliflower florets
- About 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated Gruyere or Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
First make white sauce by melting butter or margarine in a medium-size saucepan. Stir in flour and keep stirring for a few seconds. (Don't let it brown.) Gradually stir in milk; stir constantly until thickened. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Set aside.
Cook lasagna according to pakage directions, adding about 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil to the water. Drain well; rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons margarine in a deep skillet. Add onions, and carrots and saute for 5 minutes. Add cauliflower, broccoli and mushrooms and saute 5 minutes more. Add remaining vegetables and seasonings and cook for 5 minutes more. Spray a deep 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick spray. Combine the 2 cheeses. Stir 3 tablespoons of cheese mixture into white sauce. Arrange 1/3 of lasagna noodles in bottom of prepared pan. Top with half the vegetable mixture, 1/3 of remaining cheese and 1/3 of white sauce. Repeat with second layers. Top with remaining noodles, cheese and white sauce. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to sit at room temperature 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
Print this recipe
Source: My Files
Submitted By: Joy Bowers