If you do not have a suitable plastic bag, you can place chicken in shallow glass, ceramic or other nonaluminum pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce(preferably Tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 pounds chicken wings, wing tips removed and discarded, wings split at joints into pieces(have butcher do this if you prefer)
- 1 bunch green onions, cleaned, but with roots attached and all but 2 inches of greens cut off on the diagonal
Combine vinegar, hot pepper sauce, thyme, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, brown sugar and 1/4 cup honey in large plastic bag that can be easily sealed. Add split chicken wings and toss well to coat with marinade. Refrigerate overnight, turning wings several times in marinade. Line baking pan with aluminum foil.Coat cooking rack with nonstick vegetable cooking spray and place rack in baking pan. Drain chicken, reserving and pouring marinade into heavy, medium saucepan. Arrange wings on rack. Place marinade in pan over high heat and cook until reduced by half, 5-7 minutes more. Brush wings generously on all sides with reduced marinade. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn wings and bake 15 minutes more. Then brush wings lightly with remaining 1 tablespoon honey and bake 5 minutes more. Remove and arrange on serving plate. Garnish with clusters of green onions.
Print this recipe
Source: Detroit Free Press
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Hot and Sassy Cajun Chicken Wings