- 8 cups chopped fresh mangoes
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup rasins
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 large cloves galic, pressed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 t grated fresh ginger (or 1/4 t dry)
- 1/2 t hot chili pepper flakes
In a large kettle, combine all ingredients except ginger and chili. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mangoes are tender (about 20 minutes). Blend in ginger and chili. Continue simmering, stirring occasionally as mixture thickens, for about 15 minutes. Ladle immediately into sterilized 1/2 pint canning jars.
Makes about 9-10 jars. Recipe can be halved or quartered.
Print this recipe
Source: International Vegetarian Cook Book
Submitted By: Karen