- Peanut Oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp galangal, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp lemon grass, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast or thigh meat
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp curry powder(Thai Red)
- 1 Tbsp lime zest, shred fine
- 1 Tbsp lime leaves, shred fine
- 2 Tbsp Thai Basil, shred fine
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp. chili paste
Heat wok. Add peanut oil, shallots, garlic, galangal and lemon grass. Stir fry 1 minute until oil is aromatic.
Add chicken and onion. Stir fry 3 minutes until lightly browned.
Add coconut milk, curry powder, lime zest, lime leaves, basil, fish sauce and chili paste. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes until chicken is tender.
Print this recipe
Source: Internet Search
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Kaeng Ped Gai (Red Chicken Curry)