- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1 c Nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 c Nonfat sour cream
- 2 tb Dark rum
- 1 pk (8 oz) Light Cream Cheese
- 1 1/4 c Hot water
- 1 tb + 1/2 ts instant expresso-coffee granules
- 40 Ladyfingers
- 1/2 ts Unsweetened cocoa
1. Position knife blade in food processor; add first 6 ingredients. Process until smooth; set aside.
2. Combine hot water and expresso granules. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise. Quickly dip 20 ladyfinger halves, cut side down, in expresso (which you've mixed in a small bowl). Place, dipped side down, into the bottom of a 9" square baking dish. Dip 20 more halves cut side down into the expresso; arrange dipped side down on top of the first layer. Spread 2 cups of the cheese mixture over the lady- fingers evenly; repeat procedure with remaining ladyfinger halves, expresso, and cheese mixture.
3. Place one toothpick in each corner and one in the center of the tiramisu (to prevent plastic wrap from sticking to the cheese mixture) Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 3-8 hours. Remove toothpicks; sprinkle with cocoa.
Print this recipe
Source: Cooking Light Magazine, 10/93
Submitted By: Shelly Black