Steam mussels, with butter and garlic, served with warm French bread and a nice tossed salad. Buy them at your local market or, as shown here, get them from the sea.
- 4 pounds of mussels (1 pound per person)
- 2 sticks of butter (try not to use margarine)
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1. If you gathered the mussels yourself from the sea, wash mussels thoroughly, scraping off barnacles and seaweed.
- 2. Rinse mussels thoroughly.
- 3. Chop garlic or put through garlic press, place in side cup.
- 4. Rinse, then chop parsley and put in side bowl.
- 5. In a large skillet or frying pan, place a generous helping of butter and heat on med-high. Add mussels and spead all over, making sure they are single layer. Sprinkle a teaspoon of garlic over mussels. Sprinkle tablespoon of parsley of mussels. Place lid on top of skillet and leave slightly open.
- 6. Check mussels every few minutes, shaking the skillet so the mussels move around.
- 7. Add a 1/4 cup of water after 3 minutes and continue cooking.
- 8. Repeat 6 until mussel shells are slightly open. Once slightly open, mussels are ready.
- 9. Remove open mussels and place in large, deep pot. Place pot on low heat to keep mussels warm.
- 10. Repeat steps 5-9 until all mussels are cooked.
- 11. For dipping sauce...
Print this recipe
Submitted By: IPTV Recipes
Steamed Mussels, Served With Garlic