This delicious, fragrant salt and pepper blend is wonderful on plain grilled shellfish and poultry.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cracked Szechwan pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Heat a small, heavy skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Add the sesame seeds and stir until the seeds start to pop. Remove from the heat and add the cracked Szechwan pepper; stir until aromatic. Add the salt, black pepper, and ginger.
2. Use as directed in a recipe; can be stored in a tightly closed
container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Print this recipe