Stuffed mushrooms are always a party favorite, especially when they are filled with fresh, delicate Dungeness crab. Using the food processor saves time in chopping.
- 1 pound (about 20) medium mushrooms of equal size
- 2 green onions including some tender green tops, cut up
- 1 clove garlic, cut up
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 pound fresh crab meat, flaked
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil, for brushing on mushroom caps
Clean mushrooms and remove stems neatly. Place stems in food processor along with 1 mushroom cap, green onions, and garlic. Process until coarsely chopped.
Preheat oven to 350F. In a small, nonstick skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add mushroom mixture and saute until vegetables are soft, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add crumbs, crab, lemon juice, and salt and mix well. Rub oil on sides and bottom of caps. Fill mushroom caps with filling, making a round mound on top. Sprinkle with paprika.
Place on a baking sheet and bake until mushrooms are heated through and slightly soft, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
Print this recipe