For a south-of-the-border twist on lobster soup, give this dish a try. It is a cold soup, which can be extremely refreshing during the hot summer months. This recipe is a standout for a special luncheon or brunch.
- 6 mangoes (about 5 pounds), peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes, divided
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
1. In a blender or food processor, puree half of the mangoes with the broth, jalapeno, sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and set it aside.
2. Place the avocados in a small bowl with the lemon juice and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt and stir to coat. Stir the avocado mixture into the mango puree. Stir in the remaining chopped mango, the lobster, onion, and cilantro.
3. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top with the parsley.
Print this recipe