- 2 medium sized celery roots (celeriac)
- 4 apples, any tart variety
- 4 spices - "Quatre épices," a French mix of red pepper, paprika, curry and coriander
- 1/2 lemon
1. Peel the celery root and rub with lemon juice.
2. Slice celery root into rounds 1/2" thick.
3. Blanch in heavily salted water. Drain.
4. Peel and slice apples 1/2" thick.
5. Blanch apple slices in water seasoned with spice mixture. Drain.
6. Trim celery rounds to match apple rounds.)
7. Stack slices, alternating between the two
8. Reheat before serving as accompaniment to meat or fowl dishes
Print this recipe