- 4 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 large head)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon fresly ground black pepper
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 to 1 cup oil for frying
Cook cauliflower in large pot of salted boiling water until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and let cool. Puree cauliflower with eggs and stir in remaining ingredients except oil.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, heat about 1/2 cup oil until hot. Ladle 3 tablespoons batter into pan to form each pancake. Fry until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Use more oil as needed for each batch. Drain on paper towels and keep warm in a 250 degree F oven. Serve as soon as all are done.
Print this recipe