- 1/2 lbs red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 zucchini cut into half moons
- 1 eggplant cut into cubes
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil with a dash of toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and wrapped in foil
- 1/2 tsp of olive oil
- 8 med mushrooms cut thick
- 1/2 lbs raw spinach, cut into strips
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1/2 cup low-fat mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1 jar light spaghetti sauce ( I prefer Ragu Light)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the peppers, carrot, zucchini, eggplant, and onion in the oil and seasonings. Spread on baking sheet.....put foiled wrapped garlic in the corner of the pan. Bake for 30 minutes and then stir. Bake 15 min more. Remove and transfer to a large bowl. Squeeze baked garlic into the vegetables and stir well.
The Spinach Layer:
Pour the oil into a large frying pan or wok on medium heat and fry the mushrooms until they start to brown. Add the spinach and seasonings and cook until spinach wilts. Add a tblsp of water if needed to help steam the spinach down. Transfer to a sieve to drain excess moisture.
Spoon a little sauce into a baking dish. Lay first 3 noodles down. Cover with 1/3 sauce, the mushrooms and the spinach, add a sprinkle of Parmesan. Cover with three more noodles, 1/3 sauce, the roasted vegetables and another sprinkle of cheese. Cover with last 3 noodles, the remaining sauce and Parmesan and the mozzarella. Bake at 400 F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Print this recipe
Source: Adapted from Graham Kerr's Kitchen
Submitted By: Rick Smith
Roasted Vegetable Lasagna