Truly a company dish.
- 6 whole boneless/skinless chicken breasts cut in half
- 1/3 cup flour plus 1 Tab. flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 12 thin slices of prosciutto
- 6 slices monterey jack cheese cut in half
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 3 large cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 pound of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup cream
- Cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
Dip chicken in flour and brown in butter. Arrange in a buttered 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Top each with 1 slice ham and 1/2 slice of cheese. Cook scallions and garlic until soft and add mushrooms, wine, broth and herbs (Can use fresh herbs....use 1 teaspoon each of thyme and oregano though). Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes. Stir into hot mixture 1 tablespoon flour and a small amount of sherry. Stir in remaining sherry, cream and kalamata olives and season with pepper. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Serve with rice and a nice salad and rolls.
Print this recipe
Source: A friend
Submitted By: Linda Street