I make this primarily as a dip for Vietnamese summer rolls. The leftovers I use in Thai wraps with rice, chicken and veggies. Stores well in refrigerator for a month.
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1/4 c scallions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 T ginger root, freshly grated
- 1 c water
- 1/2 c peanut butter (recommend natural)
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c rice vinegar
- 3 T firmly packed brown sugar
- 1-2 dashes dried hot red pepper flakes
In a saucepan, heat oil over moderate heat until hot buy not smoking. Cook scallions, garlic and ginger, stirring, until fragrent - about 1 minute.
Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate.
Warm sauce in microwave. If sauce is too thick, stir in 1 to 2 T hot water until sauce reaches desired consistency.
Print this recipe
Source: Allison C.
Submitted By: Maddie
Spicey Thai Peanut Sauce