Chilled plates and forks works best. Shock lettuce for a minimum of 30 minutes in an ice bath. Drain and dry lettuce right before adding to salad.
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 garlic cloves
- juice of half a lemon
- 8 full dashes of worcestershire sauce
- 5 full dashes of red wine vinegar
- 5 full dashes of tabasco sauce
- 6 anchovie fillets
- 4 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz fresh grated parm cheese
- 6 twistes on a peppermill
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon dejoin mustard
- 1 - 2 heads of romaine lettuce, deveined, torn in bite-size peices and shocked
- 1/2 box crutons - caesar or garlic
1. Using a garlic press, crush garlic into a large wooden bowl. Add anchovie fillets along with cracked pepper.
2. Get two forks, in your left hand grasp one of the forks and hold it again the bottom of the bowl. Using the other fork in your right hand, drag it across the bottom of the bowl over the top of the other fork in your left hand, crushing the garlic, anchovie and pepper into a paste.
3. Add remaining ingredients, except lettuce and crutons and mix with the two forks.
4. Add lettuce and toss.
5. Add crutons and toss.
6. Place on chilled plates and top with fresh grated parm cheese.
Print this recipe
Source: David Pass
Submitted By: David Pass