This is featured on www.desktopcookbook.com. It is great with a Pinot Noir.
- - 2 1 lb pork tenderloins
- - 3/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
- - 8 thin slices prosciutto (8x2 inches)
- - 1 clove garlic, minced
- - 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs (from french bread)
- - 1 cup dry, white wine
- - 2 tsp chopped, fresh rosemary
- - 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- - 2 tsp chopped, fresh thyme
- - 2 tbsp olive oil
- - 1 tsp salt -
- - 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper -
1 - Lay tenderloins side by side-overlap prosciutto strips crosswise down length of pork. Mix breadcrumbs,1tsp rosemary,1tsp thyme, & 1tbsp oil. Sprinkle this on top of prosciutto-fold prosciutto over to cover stuffing & roll 2nd loin over first. Tie.
2 - Mix salt, pepper, 1tsp rosemary, 1tsp thyme-rub this over roast-let stand 30 min.Heat 1tbsp oil in skillet-add roast & saute til brown-turning often. Place skillet & roast in oven -roast @ 350 until thermometer reaches 145-about 35 min.
3 - Add mushrooms & garlic to skillet & saute over med heat for 6 min--Add wine & broth--boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon--about 12 min. Season w/ salt & pepper. Serve sauce over tenderloin roast.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: kristi sailer
Prosciutto-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin w/ Mushroom Sauce