We now have a Greek grandaughter in our family (by marriage) and she gives this the thumbs up !
- 3 ripe tomatoes (chop coarsely)
- 1 long English cucumber(Quarter it lengthwise,then cut in short chunks) Do not peel.
- 1 med red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 large pepper (red, orange, yellow or green)Remove seeds and slice thinly
- 1 cup black olives (leave about 1/2 of the olives whole and slice the rest to top salad)
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese- (Crumble)
- Dressing: 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4cup vegetable oil or virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Just a bit of pepper
- I like a clove or two of garlic minced in the dressing as well.
Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, peppers, olives and Feta cheese in salad bowl.
Add dressing when ready to serve. Top with olives and more crumbled feta.
Print this recipe
Source: Recipe Source.com -with mini changes
Submitted By: Esther Schroeder