- 1 jar Ragu Italian Tomato or Spicy Red Pepper spaghetti sauce
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 to 6 large cloves fresh garlic, or to taste, peeled and left whole
- 3/4 to 1 lb large fresh mushrooms, cut in thick slices
- 1 medium zuccini, cut in half lengthwise, and sliced
- Pasta ( We like regular thin spaghetti or fettuccini ) cooked per directions on box
1.Spray a large non stick skillet with cooking spray.
2.Saute onion and whole garlic cloves until golden brown, about 5 minutes, then mash the garlic
with a fork.
3.Put onion and garlic mixture in a bowl, and re-spray the skillet.
4.Saute the zuccini and mushrooms until zuccini is done and mushrooms are getting brown.This takes about 5 minutes.
5.Return the onions and garlic to the pan.
6.Add the jar of spaghetti sauce. I, quite often, rinse the jar with about 1/3 to 1/2 cup red wine, and add that to the pan as well. It add a nice flavor to the sauce. Heat until it bubbles,then simmer 5 to 10 minutes. At this point you can add about 1/4 cup of grated Romano and Parmesan cheese, if desired, and stir it in well.
7.Drain the pasta and put it in bowls. Spoon the sauce over it and sprinkle on more grated cheese, if desired.This is delicious, and a quick way to prepare pasta. The whole meal can be ready in less than 1/2 hour. SERVES 3-4
Print this recipe
Source: My own recipe
Submitted By: Sue
Sue's Pasta with Tomato Sauce