- "Prepare this sensational cake one day before you plan to serve it."
- For crust:
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted (if not available, can use toasted pecans, almonds, or walnuts).
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For filling:
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350F. (325 F for dark pans). Finely grind nuts, cracker crumbs and powdered sugar in processor.Add butter; blend using on/off turns until crumbs are moist. Press crumbs onto bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Chill while making filling.
Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Slowly add sugar; beat until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating 30 seconds after each. Mix in lemon juice and peel.
Pour filling into crust. Bake cake until outer 2-inch portion of top is set and center looks slightly glossy and is barely set, about 45 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool to room temperature. Cover; chill overnight.
Run knife around sides of pan to loosen. Release pan sides. Place cake on plate. Top with lemon and mint, if desired.
Serves 8 to 10.
Print this recipe
Source: Bon Appitit
Submitted By: Meryl
LEMON CHEESECAKE WITH HAZELNUT CRUST