- Makes 6 dozen (36 servings).
- Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Holly
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Place the benne (sesame) seeds on an ungreased baking sheet and toast for 10 to 12 minutes, until light brown. Watch closely so that they don 't burn.
3. In a large bowl mix the brown sugar, melted butter or margarine, egg, vanilla extract, flour, salt, baking powder and toasted sesame seeds together until combined.
4. Drop dough by 1/2 teaspoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 4 to 6 minutes, until light brown. Let cookies cool for about 2 minutes before removing from baking sheets to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl
Benne Wafers (Sesame Seed Cookies)