- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). (Decrease temperature by 25 degrees for dark pans). Grease and flour twenty-four 3-inch Madeleine molds.
2. In a medium bowl beat eggs, vanilla and lemon zest with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar. Beat for 5 to 7 minutes or until thick and satiny.
3. Sift together the flour and baking powder. Sift
one-fourth of the flour mixture over the egg mixture, gently fold in. Fold in the remaining flour by fourths. Then fold in the melted and cooled butter. Spoon batter into the prepared molds, filling 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are golden and the tops spring back. Cool in molds on a rack for 1 minute. Loosen cookies
with a knife. Invert cookies onto a rack and cool.
Sift confectioners' sugar over the tops or melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and dip the tips in the chocolate. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 2 dozen (12 servings).
Submitted by Jenn Hall
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl