- If you don't have fresh salmon, canned salmon is a perfectly fine stand-in.
- 2 cups loosely packed crumbled cooked salmon
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs (or breadcrumbs or crushed crackers)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
Combine first 7 ingredients in medium bowl and stir gently to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in egg. Shape salmon mixture into 6 patties, about 3/4 inch thick. Arrange on plate.
Combine 3/4 cup mayonnaise, lemon juice, horseradish and 2 1/2 teaspoons thyme in small bowl. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. (Salmon cakes and sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap separately and refrigerate.)
Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat. Add salmon cakes and sauti until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to platter. Serve with sauce.
Print this recipe
Source: Bon Appitit
Submitted By: Meryl
SALMON CAKES WITH LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE