- 8 - 2 ounce pieces Medallions of Beef Tenderloin, pounded out to 1/2 inch thickness
- 6 ounces Sliced wild mushrooms
- 1 ounce Shallots (minced)
- 2 tbsp. Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 2 cups Demi glaze
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. worchestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
Saute mushrooms, shallots and garlic in 2 tbsp of butter.
Deglaze with brandy and vinegar. Reduce by 1/2.
Add demi glaze, wisk in mustard, finish with parsley and 1 tbsp. of butter.
Remove sauce from pan and reserve on side.
Heat pan to 400 degrees. Add 1 tbsp. butter. and 2 ounce medallions.
Saute to desired temperature.
Arrange steak medallions on service plate, add sauce back to pan until hot.
Spoon sauce over medallions.
Garnish with sprig of watercress or parsley and serve.
Print this recipe