I'm an expert at making this...trust me you'll like it!
- 1 cup coarsely chopped ripe, firm tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped Belgian endive
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 12 slices baguette, 1 1/2 inches in diameter,1/2 inch thick
- i clover garlic, halved, optional
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In small bowl combine tomatoes, basil, endive, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Lightly better bread. Lightly toast break in preheated 400 degree oven 5 min. or until center is firm. Rub cut ends of garlic on toasted bread, if desired. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Shortly before serving spread toast with tomato mixture. Toast will become soggy is assembled too early.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Katy The Cook