- 1-1/2 cups butter
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 6-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Makes 10 dozen (60 servings).
1 Cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients, add to creamed mixture; mix to blend.
2 Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Dip in regular or colored sugar or decorator sprinkles. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a water glass.
3 Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10-12
minutes. *Larger cookies bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl
Tender Crisp Sugar Cookies