- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped (I crush them, then chop)
- 3 14 1/2-ounce cans diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 4-ounce can diced mild green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 15- to 16-ounce cans kidney beans, drained (I use pinto)
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 10-ounce package frozen corn kernels
Even better over rice. Can top it with sour cream and grated cheddar cheese.
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauti 5 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices, green chilies, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cook 10 minutes to blend flavors. Add beans, bell peppers and corn. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chili is thick, stirring occasionally, about 35 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl