Source says to wait 3-4 hours before serving, but overnight is best. Miraculously, the ladyfingers turn into fresh-tasting sponge cake. Easy & delicious.
- 2/3 cup strong black coffee
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup liqueur--brandy, rum, Frangelico, port...
- 26 - 32 ladyfingers (Savoiardi often recommended)
- cocoa powder (for dusting)
1. Brew coffee & allow to cool 2. Beat egg yolks with sugar until pale & creamy 3. Soften mascarpone, & stir in egg mixture 4. Whisk egg whites with pinch of salt until stiff, then fold into mascarpone mixture 5. Combine coffee and liqueur 6. Dip each ladyfinger in the coffee-liqueur mix 7. Arrange a layer of ladyfingers in bottom of a dish (source says 2 1/2 pint); spoon some mascarpone mix over ladyfingers; dust lightly with cocoa powder 8. Repeat step 7; finish with layer of mascarpone mix dusted with cocoa powder.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Saima Anto