- 2 cup sour orange juice or mix orange and grapefruit juices half and half
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 pounds chicken pieces skinned
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large onions peel, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 pound potatoes peeled and cubed
Combine the sour orange juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a container suitable for marinating the chicken. Add the chicken pieces to the marinade, cover and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours or overnight. Remove the chicken and blot in on paper towels. Reserve the marinade.
Warm the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat and brown the chicken pieces. Do this in batches rather than overcrowd the pan. Then return all the chicken to the pan. Add onions and green pepper, sautiing with the chicken until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add reserved marinade, tomato sauce, wine, capers, olives, raisins, and potatoes.
Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer for 30 minutes. Transfer chicken to a large serving dish and spoon the sauce over it.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl
FRICASE DE POLLO (CUBAN CHICKEN FRICASSEE)