- Tiramisu in Italian means, "pick me up," if you are feeling down maybe this famous Italian dessert will do the trick.
- Serves: 12 Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb. mascarpone cheese, don't use substitutes
- 36 Savoiardi (lady fingers)
- 2-1/2 cups strong Italian coffee
- 1/2 cups dry Marsala wine
- 13 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. un-sweetened cocoa
1. In a large bowl use an electric hand mixer to beat the egg yolks together with the sugar until fluffy.
2. Add the mascarpone cheese and mix it in with a spoon until well combined.
3. Now whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form and then fold them gently into the mascarpone mixture using a spoon. Fold it in by gently lifting the mascarpone mixture from the bottom to the top.
4. Add the cocoa to 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture and mix well.
5. Spread half of the remaining mascarpone mixture without cocoa onto the bottom of the cake dish (My dish is 11-3/4" x 8-3/4" and 2-1/2" deep).
6. Quickly dip both sides of the lady fingers into the espresso coffee and place them over the mascarpone cream.
7. Cover this layer with all the chocolate mascarpone cream.
8. Add the Marsala wine to the rest of the coffee and dip the ladyfingers into it. Place them over the mascarpone chocolate cream and top with the remaining mascarpone cream.
9. Sprinkle the top with cocoa powder through a fine mesh strainer.
10. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
Print this recipe
Source: My Files
Submitted By: Meryl