- 1 large bunch fresh broccoli, or 2 (10 oz.) packages frozen
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons (2 envelopes) unflavored gelatin, softened in 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)
- 3/4 cup mayonaisse
If using fresh broccoli, wash and trim. Then cook broccoli until tender, and drain. Reserve 6 flowerlets from the cooked broccoli and chop remaining to make 2 cups.
Bring the chicken stock to a boil, add the softened gelatin and stir until dissolved. Remove stock mixture from the heat and add broccoli, Worcestershire, lemon juice, salt and peppers and the chopped egg, if using.
Chill mixture until begins to thicken. At that point, fold in the mayonnaise and pour mixture into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart mold. Then chill again until needed. When ready, unmold, garnish with reserved broccoli flowerlets and serve with a side of mayonnaise or other dressing of choice. Makes about 12 to 15 servings.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Delgado Pat