- 5 c. water
- 1 1/2 lbs. unpeeled medium shrimp
- 3-1/4 c. water
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. regular (not instant) grits, uncooked
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c. milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 c. shredded cheese (sharp Cheddar is good)
- (Cayenne or Tabasco sauce to taste)
Bring 5 c. water to a boil and cook the shrimp 3-5 minutes, until pink. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel and devein.
Bring 3 1/4 c. water to a boil with the salt and stir in the grits.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Combine eggs and milk; stir in grits gradually. Stir in shrimp, garlic, hot pepper or hot sauce, and 1 c. of the cheese. Spoon into a lightly buttered 11 x 7 pan and sprinkle the top with the rest of the cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1/2 hour. Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Print this recipe
Source: Arielle's Recipes
Submitted By: Marlen
Baked Shrimp and Grits