- 2-1/2 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking white grits
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Combine chicken broth and 1 tablespoon butter in heavy medium saucepan and bring to boil. Stir in grits. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix cream cheese and half and half into grits. Cover and simmer mixture until almost all liquid has evaporated and grits are tender, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes. Stir in green onions. Remove mixture from heat.
Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauti just until shrimp are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Remove skillet from heat. Spoon grits onto center of plate. Top with shrimp and drizzle with lime butter from skillet.
Print this recipe
Source: Arielle's Recipes
Submitted By: Marlen
Shrimp and Grits