You can play with the amounts of rum!! Have fun..
- This is an interesting version of the TOP SECRET Tortuga Rum cake. Give it a try!!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened (3 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanulla extract
- 3 eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1 Tbls. grated lemon zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup dark rum (Tortuga)
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting cake(optional)
- Additional rum for sprinkling on cake
Preheat oven to 350*F. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; stir until blended. Beat in the lemon zest and then add the rum. Gradually add the dry ingredients, alternating with the heavy cream and ending with the dry ingredients. Blend until the mixture is well combined. Pour batter into a well greased and floured 10 cup tube pan and bake for almost an hour. Test doneness with a skewer inserted halfway between the sides of the pan and the tube. Cool, turn out and dust with powdered sugar or additional rum..
Print this recipe
Source: Captain Morgan
Submitted By: Eileen Werth
Captain Morgan's Rum Cake Cayman Islands Style