- 1 cup dairy-free margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 homemade fake eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups flour (actually, you can use up to 4 cups of flour -- the more flour you use, the denser, chewier the cookie; the amount listed here is for a texture that most people like)
- 1 cup nondairy semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugars, and salt.
2. In a small bowl, beat "eggs." Then add to margarine-sugar mixture. Add vanilla and combine. Slowly, little by little, add flour, stirring constantly to combine. Continue until all flour is well combined (it will get harder to combine the more flour you add).
3. Mix in chocolate chips. Form dough into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Then, as Laura puts it, "flatten them with a fork, wish them well, and put them in the oven." They'll be ready in about 10 to 12 minutes, or when golden brown.
Print this recipe
Source: The Teen's Vegetarian Cookbook
Submitted By: Marlen
Laura's Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies