- 8 ounces Udon noodles
- 1/2 cup unsalted crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 2 carrots, grated
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
1 In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the undon noodles for about five minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse the noodles under cold running water and let cool.
2 Whisk the peanut butter, milk, ginger, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl until well blended.
3 In a large salad bowl, combine the cooked noodles, cucumber, sprouts, carrot, green onions and mint. Rewisk the peanut butter dressing and pour it over the salad. Stir until well coated and serve chilled on a bed of romaine leaves. Garnish with the roasted and chopped peanuts.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Marlen
Thai Noodle Salad