- 2 whole chicken breasts, boned, skinned, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups oil for deep-frying
- 1/2 cup skinless roasted peanuts
- 10 whole dried red chili peppers
- 2 scallions, cut into 1/2 inch lengths
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
Combine chicken, salt, egg white, and cornstarch. Mix well with hand. Set aside.
In a small bowl, blend sauce ingredients. Set aside.
Heat oil to 350 degrees in wok. Deep-fry chicken until it separates and is almost cooked. Remove by draining through strainer.
Reheat same oil. Deep-fry peanuts in strainer over moderate heat until they are golden brown. Remove by draining through strainer.
Reheat 2 tablespoons of oil in wok to smoking hot. Stir-fry red chili peppers until they are dark red. Lower heat. Add scallions and garlic. Stir-fry 30 seconds.
Pour in chicken. Stir-fry on high heat 1 minute.
Add sauce. Stir-fry until thoroughly heated and glazed. Add peanuts.
May be prepared in advance through to step 4.
Do not freeze.
Print this recipe
Source: The net
Submitted By: Krogsy
Kung Pao Chicken