- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tblsp of olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 C of chopped red and or yellow bell peppers
- 1 box of Farfalle pasta
- 1 container (about 1 1/4 C) of Chipotle Pesto*
- salt and peppr to taste
- Red and or yellow bell peppers to garnish
- * Chipotle pesto can be bought pre-made in most grocery stores.
- I don't have a great recipe for it at this time. Besides, it's
- a LOT quicker this way, for those of us trying to put something
- wonderful together after a day at work!
1. Bring water to a boil to cook pasta
2. Add olive oil to a heated skillet and sautee shallots,garlic, and peppers until soft.
3. Add Chicken pieces, along with salt and pepper (I use red pepper flakes) to taste. Cook thoroughly.
4. In a small saucepan, heat the pesto (*chipotle pesto is very spicy, so keep that in mind as you determine the quantity you want to use!)
5. Cook pasta
6. After you drain the pasta, add the warmed pesto and chicken and toss together. I usually garnish this dish with slices of red and/or yellow bell peppers. It looks great, it's easy, and it's a big hit every time.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: n/a
Chipotle Pesto Chicken and Pasta