Celery Root is not the lower portion of the common green celery stalk, but rather a plant also known as celeriac, the bulb of which does grow underground. Its gnarled brown skin covers crisp, creamy white flesh that's good grated raw into salads.
- 2/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cup shredded unpeeled red apple
- 2 cup shredded peeled celery root
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tbsp shelled sunflower seeds
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, onions and lemon juice; mix well. Stir in all remaining ingredients.
Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving. (Shredded apple will discolor if stored for a longer period of time.)
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Marlen
Apple-Celery Root Slaw