Per 1 Cup Serving: 114 Cal.; 4g Prot.; 1g Fat; 22g Carb.; 0 Chol.; 362 mg Sod.; 6g Fibre.
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups finely diced peeled carrots (about 1/2 lb.)
- 2 cups finely diced celery
- 2 cups finely diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- Two 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
In large, heavy, non reactive saucepan, heat oil. Add carrots; sauti, stirring, 5 minutes. Add celery; sauti, stirring, 5 minutes. Add onion; sauti, stirring, until vegetables are soft and very lightly caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add crushed garlic. Sauti, stirring, until garlic is cooked through but not browned, about 3 minutes.
Add tomatoes, water, herbs and spices. Over high heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to steady simmer. Cook for 1 hour, stirring bottom frequently to prevent sticking.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Marlen
Vegetable Marinara Sauce