- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Toasted walnuts for garnish (optional)
1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, sauti onions and mushrooms in oil until browned, about 15 minutes.
2. Transfer mushrooms and onions to a large pot. Add vegetable broth, roasted peppers, sage, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve topped with toasted walnuts, if desired.
Makes about 6 cups
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Teresa Johnson
Roasted Red Pepper and Mushroom Soup with Sage