- 2 quart sized bags of smothered okra
- 16-24 oz. of tomato sauce
- 1 10 oz. can of diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel type)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 TB minced/chopped garlic (if desired)
- Cajun Seasoning to taste
- Salt to taste (if needed)
- Meat of choice -- deboned chicken (preboiled), shrimp (peeled), sausage (cubed), tasso, or even browned and drained ground beef. My personal choice is shrimp (TONS of it). Sausage and chicken is next!
- 4-5 quarts of water
- 8 quart stock pot
Add all ingredients in the stock pot and bring to boil. Simmer for about an hour or until meat is tender. This is DELICIOUS, in my opinion and is best served over white rice!
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Teresa Johnson
Char's Louisiana Okra Gumbo