- 1 cup cauliflower (cut in flowerets)
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 3/4 cup water-packed artichoke hearts
- 12 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons arrow root powder (or cornstarch)
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil (or ghee)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed, or powdered garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons water
Blend together flour, cheese, and butter. Texture will resemble wet sand. Add water a little at a time. Pat mixture on bottom and along sides of 9-inch quiche pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
In a frying skillet heat oil and add garlic or hing. Add cauliflower and carrots, and stir until they are evenly coated. Cover and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, Add zucchini and cook 5 more minutes.
In large bowl combine sour cream, arrow root powder (or cornstarch), pepper, and turmeric. Add Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Fold in vegetables and artichoke hearts. Pour into quiche pan and top with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until the edges of the quiche are dark and the center is slightly golden.
Allow the quiche to set about 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Teresa Johnson
Eggless Vegetarian Quiche