- 1 lb/450 g kale or cabbage, finely chopped
- 7-8 fl oz/200-225 ml milk or cream
- 2 small leeks or green spring onion tops, chopped
- 2 lb/900 g potatoes, preferably Irish, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of ground mace
- 4 tbsp butter melted
Cook the kale or cabbage in a large pan of boiling water until very tender, then drain and keep warm. Put the milk or cream in a small pan with the leeks or spring onions and simmer until soft. In another saucepan, cook the potatoes until tender, then drain and mash them.
Mix in the leeks or onion tops and enough milk or cream to give a creamy consistency. Add the kale or cabbage and season with salt, pepper and mace. Drizzle with the melted butter and serve immediately.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Teresa Johnson