- 1 pound mushrooms -- large ones
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 large garlic cloves -- peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger -- peeled and minced
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper -- finely chopped (1 medium pepper)
- 1 stalk bok choy -- chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari -- or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 3 scallions -- thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees. Grease a baking pan.
Pull the stems from the mushroom caps and chop them finelv. Place the caps in the prepared baking pan.
Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute' the garlic, ginger, and red bell pepper just until tender, about 3 minutes. (Stir in a tablespoon or two of water if the ginger begins to stick.)
Stir in the chopped mushroom stems and the bok choy. Cook until the mushrooms are tender and the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes more.
Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the sesame oil, tamari salt, bread crumbs, chili paste, scallions, and lemon juice.
Using a teaspoon, stuff the mushroom caps with the filling. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the caps are tender. Serve immediately.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Teresa Johnson
Asian Stuffed Mushrooms