Garnish: Instead of using cocoa powder, you can use hershey's syrup or chocolate shavings. I prefer to use both the hershey's syrup and the cocoa powder. It's delicious!!
- 2 cups whipping or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup strong coffee or espresso
- 3 tablespoons of creme de cocoa, cognac, or brandy (can substitute strong coffee or espresso)
- 8 ounces of marscapone cheese
- 1/8 cup of cocoa powder
- 20 lady fingers or sponge cake
- serving dish
1. Whip 1 cup of the whipping cream into stiff peaks, refrigerate while completing the next steps. Add 2 tablesppons of sugar, or to taste.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the marscapone cheese, sugar and 2 tablespoons of cognac. Set aside.
3. Dip the top sides of 1/2 of the lady fingers in the coffee and place in the bottom of serving dish. You will need to cover the bottom of the dish, so only use as many lady fingers as needed to do so.
4. Take refrigerated whipped cream and fold into the cheese mixture.
5. Spread 1/3 of mixture over lady fingers and dust with cocoa powder.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 5, ending with the cheese mixture on top.
7. Take the reserved 1 cup of whipping cream and 2 tablespoons of sugar and whip till soft peaks are formed. Spread mixture over top of cheese layer and garnish with cocoa powder.
7. Chill tiramisu for at least 2 hours before serving!
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meri