Serves 6 to 8
- 3 packages unflavored gelatin
- 7 cups cranberries
- 3 1/2 cups cranberry juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 allspice berries
- 2 cloves
- 2 cups granulated sugar
1) In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in 3/4 cup cold water.
2) Wrap orange zest, cinnamon sticks, allspice, and cloves in cheesecloth. Tie with kitchen twine to secure ingredients inside. In a large stockpot, place cranberries and cranberry juice. Add cheesecloth bag to the stockpot. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cranberries open.
3) Remove the stockpot from the heat, and discard cheesecloth bag. Run cranberries through a food mill into a large bowl. Add sugar to the bowl, and stir to combine. Return cranberries to the same stockpot, and cook over medium heat until mixture is slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Add some of the heated cranberry mixture to the dissolved gelatin to temper. Spoon tempered cranberry-gelatin mixture into cranberry mixture in original stockpot. Spoon mixture into a mold, let cool slightly, and transfer to the refrigerator. Chill until firm.
4) To unmold the cranberry jelly, immerse the mold in warm water to loosen the sides. Dry the mold off with a towel, and invert onto a cake stand or plate; serve.
Print this recipe
Source: Martha Stewart Living-TV
Submitted By: Betty Manoulian
Spiced Cranberry Jelly Mold