This makes 10 1/2 cup servings. You can make it several days ahead and store in the refrugerator until you need it then heat it slowly over low heat.
- 2 15oz. cans pumpkin puree
- 3 14 1/2oz. cans chicken broth
- 1 11 1/2oz. can pear nectar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbl. grated fresh ginger root
- 2 tbl. finely chopped green onion
- 1 tbl. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. ground cayenne pepper
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- chopped chives (optional)
1. In a 6 quart sauce pan, combine pumpkin puree, chicken broth, and pear nectar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes.
2. In a blender or the bowl of a food processor fitted with chopping blade, process 1 cup pumpkin mixture with peanut butter until smooth. Return to saucepan with the remaining pumpkin mixture. Add garlic, ginger root, green onion, lime juice, salt and cayenne pepper; cook 10 minutes over medium heat.
3. Divide soup amoung soup plates and garnish with pumpkin seeds and chives, if desired.
Print this recipe
Source: Country Living, Nov. 99
Submitted By: Sheila Nelson